Mango Curry Chicken is made with tasty chicken, creamy coconut milk, juicy mangoes, and curry powder. A delicious medley of sweet and savory flavors, this rich stew is sure to be a dinner hit!
If you’re looking for a dinner option that’s easy to prep yet big on taste, this recipe is your answer. It comes together in thirty minutes or less and cooks in one pan for less clean-up!
It might sound like a weird combination, but you’ll be surprised how well the different flavors marry into one flavorful dish. The juicy chicken and the sweet and savory curry sauce served over steamed rice are sure to hit the spot!
Ingredients for Mango Curry Chicken
- Chicken – the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breast., but feel free to swap with thigh meat or bone-in chicken parts for more flavor
- Mango – use frozen mangoes if the fruit is not in season
- Coconut milk – substitute with sour cream or all-purpose cream if preferred
- Slice the chicken into uniform size for even cooking.
- Use Alphonso or Ataulfo mangoes if available. These varieties have a sweeter taste and less fibrous flesh.
- The overall flavor of the dish depends on the fruit used. If the mangoes are fully ripe and very sweet, balance the dish with a tablespoon or so of lemon juice or vinegar. If the mangoes are on the sour side, add honey or brown sugar to taste.
- Use full-fat coconut milk for maximum creaminess. Cook at a gentle heat and do not boil lest the sauce separates or curdles.
How to serve
- Mango chicken curry is delicious for lunch or dinner. Serve with basmati or coconut rice for a hearty, flavor-packed meal!
- For leftovers, transfer in a container with a lid and refrigerate for up to 3 days. The dish doesn’t freeze well as the sauce tends to separate when frozen and thawed.
- Reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat until completely warmed through or in the microwave at 2 to 3-minute intervals, stirring well between intervals.
Other mango recipes you might want to try
- Thai Mango Salad
- Crispy Pork Binagoongan
- Grilled Shrimp, Mango, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad